Thursday, November 19, 2009

Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #15

Hi There, it has been a while between posts but I am pleased to sneak this challenge in under the wire ;P I have spent a bit of time (well, quite a lot actually) thinking about this challenge, and after trying the emerging colour technique on DSP with less than lovely results, I went with plan B. Another emboss resist! I'm doing a lot of this lately, and just love seeing the base colour POP! but I really should just try and stick to quick and simple. I really felt like I was performing micro surgery on this one...

Anyhoo, here is the very inspiring set of cushions Keesh had us working with




And here is my card, another Christmas design, being the season!


Please excuse the terrible lighting, it's almost midnight :)

I have used Basic Black as the base, followed by Baja Breeze as the frame, and then brayered over a second layer of Baja Breeze in Basic Black Classic ink. The Circle Circus images were stamped in Versa Mark and clear embossed, so that they resisted the black ink to reveal the Baja card colour underneath. Neat huh! I 'blinged' up my baubles with a hat pin, clear rhinestone brad and silver seed beads from the Pretties Kit. The black ribbon is from the Valet ribbon pack, and the silver cord is unfortunately retired from SU (I still use it on almost EVERYTHING!) The greeting is from the Occasional Greetings stamp set. I think that about covers it, time for bed zzzzzzzzzz

Lee x

4 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

I'm going to CASE this! What an awesome card!

Tracey Old said...

Just stunning!!! I love what you have come up with!! Thanks for playing along;-)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Ooohh... HEllo Circle Circus!!! This is awesome. Love it.

xx SJ

Byl Family... said...

WOW Lee, I wouldn't think to use Circle circus for the Chrissy baubles, but wow it looks amazing! Love your bling too! Thanks for playing! Love Keesh x