Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 56




I Love this sketch by the talented Karen Giron, and had a wonderful time layering up my card. I have to confess to loving this DSP soooooo much that I couldn't bear to slice 'n' dice it before now. I am also a bit excited how my ruffley, eyelet borderey bit came out, and it was so easy to do! As well as therapeutic with all that crumpling :)


I have a couple of special birthdays this week, so hopefully this little baby will make it's recipient just as happy as I have been making it.

Recipe:

Stamps - Best Yet (hostess)
Paper - Parisian Breeze DSP (retired *sob*), baja breeze c/stock, whisper white c/stock
Ink - baja breeze, close to cocoa
Embellishments - Chocolate Chip satin ribbon (retired), button bouquet, linen thread, eyelet border punch.
All materials Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.


Lee x



15 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Hello Lee and Happy Valentine's Day from Nebraska, USA! Your card is so lovely! I especially love how you created the eyelet border around the circle. I know how you feel about slicing and dicing the gorgeous designer papers. That's tough for me too! Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U! Pam :)
p.s. you've got a new follower!

Sarah said...

Such a delicate design! I love how you have folded the flower! Great colour combination. Nice way to use ribbon and buttons too! Will give that a go!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG...this is fabulous! Love your ruffled frame...just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm right there, sobbing with you - LOVE this paper! I finally started using mine, and wish I'd bought more of it! Love what you did with the sketch. Cheryl

Krista said...

Very pretty !!! Great flower !

Anne Laflamme said...

wow... this is very pretty..

Karen Giron said...

This is gorgeous! I love the little lace effect you made with the border punch and you are right, that paper is beautiful!!

Nancy Riley said...

Well done! I love everything about it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee, What a beautiful card! I just found a FULL PAGE of my Parisian Breeze hiding where it shouldn't be - imagine my excitment!!!! The inking around the squares really set your layout off! Thanks for the "eye candy" hmmm what to do with that last page of my favourite specialty paper eva???

Laural-Lee said...

wonderful inked edges and I like the papers and depth that you have here.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness this sketch is awesome and I am having so much fun looking at all the interpretations but this is just beautiful! I love the soft elegance of your design!

Fiona Harrison said...

That is lovely. Great minds think alike, I did a ruffled border around my circle too. I just love this paper, but like you I seem to be hoarding it. Must get it out & play. Also love the ribbon & button detail. Great job!

Natasha said...

Fabulous Lee!! Love the centrepiece. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card. I'll be coming back to visit again!

Anonymous said...

i am LOVING this card. its so pretty and clever. what a great job you did on it