Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just Add Ink #6

Welcome to my 1st ever JAI challenge entry! I have wanted to join in ever since this awesome site launched 6 weeks ago, but life often gets in the way of 'craft time' :)

Ok, so having a mum and a MIL, I thought the next couple of challenges I did, would be Mothers' Day cards. See my next post for my card using the same colours, different layout.

I have taken a bit of creative licence with this sketch, flipping it over, and using only spiral punches as the 3 accents. I hope this qualifies!




Recipe :
Stamps - Baroque Motifs, Occasional Greetings
Cardstock & Paper - Afternoon Tea DSP (retired), Chocolate Chip c/s, Groovy Guava c/s (retired)
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Tools & Accessories - Choc Chip satin ribbon (retired), Groovy Guava double stitched grosgrain ribbon (retired), Clear rhinestone brads from Petties Kit, spiral punch, scalloped oval punch, large oval punch
All materials Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Lee x

5 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oooh I likey!!!! And I LOVE your creative license!!!... I REALLY Likey!!!

xx SJ

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the spiral punch as the accents. I think that is very creative of you. This is a beautiful card. Love the Choc Chip ribbon too!!

AJ said...

I love a good, original interpretation of a sketch - your card is stunning and rocks JAI6! Thanks for playing!!!

Christine Blain said...

Totally gorgeous! I love the subtlety of the spiral punch-outs as the accents.

Danielle Daws said...

Love that Groovy Guava flower! I still have some and now I know how to use it! Great interpretation! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!