Saturday, April 3, 2010

Inkspirations Colour Challenge #20 and JAI #11

Hello! Today I have made a Mothers' Day card using Makeesha's colour combo. It is also the very first time I have inked up my NEW Medallion stamp, and Vintage Vogue set. They are just delicious to work with, so many possibilities! I just love that these colours lend themselves to that vintage feel too. I have taken inspiration quite literally from makeeshas card, and reproduced her ruffled ribbon. I have been wanting to have a go at this technique for ages, as I really like mixing up textures on my cards, and this ribbon hit the spot :) I have also entered JAI's 'Anything Goes' challenge!

And a close up of the interesting bit :)

Makeeshas fabulous colours...

Recipe :
Stamps - Medallion (oooohhh), Vintage Vogue (aaaahhh), Occasional Greetings
Ink - Creamy caramel, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue
Cardstock & Paper - Creamy caramel c/s, Very vanilla c/s, Chocolate Chip DSP
Embellies & Toolage - Brocade blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Cream half pearl from Pretties Kit, Brad from antique brass Hodgepodge Hardware (retired), distressing tool from Cutter Kit, sticky strip, dimensionals
All materials Stampin' Up!
Lee x


22 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Medallion (oooohhhh) indeed and Vintage Vogue (aahhhhh ) indeed, AND Ruffled Ribbon... Aaaaammmmaaazzzing!!) and distressed card stock.. Divine!!!.. Ok so you kinda get where I'm going with this!!!!... GORGEOUS, amazing and fabulously Vintage.
Love it!!!!

xx Sar

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is a stunning card using the combination of two new gorgeous stamps. Thanks for including this lovely Mother's Day card in the JAI challenge.

Genelle Little said...

I love this card, Lee - I think it is perfect in these colours! i keep meaning to give that ruffled ribbon a go, it looks fab on your card. Just beautiful!

Christine Blain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Blain said...

Oops - sorry about the above! Can't tolerate spelling mistakes from myself, and couldn't edit my gushing comment!! I am a huge fan of the Medallion stamp, and these colours, and I love your challenge entry, Lee. My favourite part of the card (apart from the obvious, large, gorgeous, stamp used) is the curled paper edge. It looks great, and is the perfect showcase for your divinely-ruffled ribbon!

MicheyMoo said...

Lee.....totally gorgeous!! Using both of the fabulous new stamps I must, must, simply must get from the new mini!! I love how you've pulled all the elements together to form this stunner!! Hope its a winner with Keesh. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the layout of your card. I really like the ruffled edges of the paper with the beautiful blue ribbon and the colours really make the vintage vogue flowers stand out. A really stunning card.

Fiona Harrison said...

Hey Babe, 'wham.. and she knocks it out of the ballpark" That is the most gorgeous card!! I was thinking of trying the medallion for this challenge, not now, no way. Great use of everything, just LOVE IT!
Fi xox

Jodene said...

This is a gorgeous card Lee! I love all of the little embellishment ideas, from the ribbon to the curled paper ... beautiful!

Chantelle said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Lee - I love all the textures - great job! Thanks for joining in with INKSPRIRATIONS. X

Unknown said...

Lovely card, well done.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and lovely Blog - what beautiful projects you have here. Chantell

Liam said...

Wow this is just devine.

Liam

Danielle Daws said...

Spectacular! I love all the details, it's such a beautifully created card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card! Love the color combo, the great lay-out... you used some of my favorite images. :o) Love the ribbon treatment!

Sharnee Torrents said...

I'm totally with Sarah-Jane! All of what she said to the MAX!! How amazing! YOu must be soo pleased and hanging out to give that card away to the very special MUM!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

AJ said...

This is simply gorgeous, Lee. Great work. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

sunbear said...

oh this is divine. great colours, texture and layers. congrats:)

Louise Ryan said...

Lee this is stunning! I love it all - the textures, the stamp sets, the ruffled ribbon and the rolled paper edge! It's gorgeous.

CIndy Major said...

Love your wonderful creation! You used the colors beautifully and they really suit this stamp set with the Medallion. The curly, torn edge is a great touch!

Cindy :)

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design Lee. Love all the different elements you have used.

Anonymous said...

So very lovely! I love both of your creations!
Kirsty