Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #68

Today (well, actually last night) I mounted my new Lots Of Bots stamp set and got busy with Karens fabulous sketch! I needed to make a 3rd birthday card for a very special little boy, so what better excuse to break out the 'bots! As much as I love this layout, lining up the little rectangles and cutting the mats to fit drove me just a tad insane, and I swear I must have made the task a lot harder than it needed to be! But I like the finished product, although next time I make a similar layout, I think I'll use punches & make them all square!

I have hand stamped the background using markers & the little stamps that come with this set, and aren't the barcodes, nuts & bolts just perfect for little boys!

And another fabulous sketch from Mrs Giron:


Recipe :

Stamps - Lots of Bots, Big Deal Numbers (retired)

Cardstock - Basic gray, bashful blue, real red, whisper white

Ink - Basic gray, real red, and the following markers, real red, pumpkin pie & bashful blue

Tolls & accessories - Real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, spellbinders nestabilities (deckled rectangle), dimensionals

All materials Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Lee x

4 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

AMAZING!!!!! totally AMAZING!!! Love how you've used this set...BRILLIANT!!

xx Sar

Fiona Harrison said...

That is fab card, love your use of the binary stamp & bolts, bet the 3 yo loves it too,
Fi x

Renée said...

This is wonderful! Love the use of this set and the colours!

Makeesha Byl said...

Hey honny. LOVE your robot creation, so super cute! I have left you a Blog award over on my blog....enjoy! Love you xx